2021 Race Date
Registration opens on Nov, 1st 2020
$160.00 - Nov 1, 2019 - Jan 31, 2021
$175.00 - Feb 1, 2021- Mar 31. 2021
$189.00 - Apr 1, 2021 - May 22, 2021
Registration cap = 370
2021 25th Anniversary Celebration
Wow 25 years and I still have all my hair! We will be doing some extra stuff that will make this years event special with some extra cool swag. There will also be camping available at the Parking area for a small fee.
3 EVENT SPECIAL" DISCOUNT when you sign up now for all 3 Mountain Oasis Events!
Enter our Kahtoola Bigfoot Snowshoe Festival 50K on Jan 30th, the Squaw Peak 50 Mile Trail on June 12th and the Kat'cina Mosa 100K Mountain Run on Aug 7th and receive a $75 discount
5 year, 10 year, 15 year and 20 year discount
If you have "completed "Squaw Peak 5+ years - use code SP50-5 and get a 5% discount .
If you have "completed "Squaw Peak 10+ years - use code SP50-10 and get a 10% discount.
If you have "completed" Squaw Peak 15+ years - use code SP50-15 and get a 15% discount.
If you have "completed" Squaw Peak 20+ years - use code SP50-20 and get a 20% discount.
Please be honest! Please be honest!
If needed we will put in place as we did for 2020 several safety protocols that meet the Covid-19 regulations and also conform to the County and State guidelines. These are
- No pre race dinner
Packet/number pick-up Starting on Tuesday the week of the race at Runners Corner until 2 PM Friday then a drive up packet/number pick up on Friday after 4 PM at host hotel
- Staggered starts of spaced groups of 50. 15 minute window per group to start
- 6′ social distancing at all times
- Runners bring and use face mask and hand sanitizer. If this means you need to buy a small fanny pack ... then what are you waiting for?
- Do not attend if you are sick or have been in the last 14 days
- Do not attend if you have been near anyone with symptoms
- Cover your cough or sneeze. Stay 12' away if you cough
- Bring Kleenex. Use it if you need to blow your nose. Do not do this openly, stand 12′ away from others
- Do not congregate
- Do not touch others with a high five, hug, etc.!
- Runners are encouraged to carry mask or face covering in the event another person approaches AND to put face mask on when going into aid stations ...
- Aid stations and radio volunteers will be wearing face masks. No Cups. Everyone will receive a reusable Cup from Hammer Nutrition. Items will be handed to them by the volunteers for both food and water. Then go to a desiginated eating area to consume your food
–- NO CREW OR SPECTATORS AT AID STATIONS! If absolutely needed you can have 1 pacer meet you along the road between AS 5 and 6! They must be ready to go the last 26 miles with you! WE are working on how to get a few pacers to Little Valley if possible.
- Finish area - Vivian Park - Limited to 1 family member or friend ONLY if absolutely needed to arrive around your expected finish time, and they must maintain 6' social distancing while at Vivian Park! You will receive your Finishers Medal and we are still working on how you can have some dinner when you finish. AND ASAP when you have recovered its time to go home and enjoy the days success!.
- SIGN an additional Waiver for running under these conditions
-Yes it's going to be different this year and we hope that everyone will still have a great but safe day!
-WE are glad that we are still being allowed to provide an event that you all love!
2021 USATF Utah 50 Mile Trail Championship Race
Proud to announce that our 50 Mile race will be the 2021 USATF (United States Association of Track and Field) 50 Mile State Championship race here in Utah along with our 100K Race in Aug. Anyone is eligible for the awards! You don't have to be from Utah.
This is ONLY for those of you who contacted SP50 to rollover to 2021 by the deadline! To REGISTER contact me to get your rollover discount code! This code again is only good if this is a rollover from the 2019 event. Not good if you rolled over from 2019 and rolled over again in 2020!
COURSE: It is a very challenging, difficult and scenic loop course through the Wasatch Mountains above Provo, Utah. The trail will be marked. It consists of - dirt trails (43%), dirt roads (38%) and some paved (19%). The paved sections are: The first 2.1 miles from the start at Vivian Park down the Provo River Trail to the left turn onto the dirt trail . Then at the 22.7 mile mark, for 3.7 miles when you come out onto the Hobble Creek Road, and the last 3.7 down to the finish.
Local time: 4:52 AM
There is over 13,000+/- ft. of elevation gain and loss, with 5 major climbs varying from 1100 ft to nearly 3000 ft. The first starts at mile 2.1. A series of climbs takes you up 2700 ft. over 5 miles to an overlook of Squaw Peak. Check out the Trail Map and Course Elevation Profile page to see what the course looks like. The last and most difficult climb takes you from the top of Berryport Canyon, to the high point of the course just before and above Windy Pass at about 9300 ft.
Depending upon which topo map you look at there are two different trails in this section. On the 7.5 minute series (1:24000) the trail around peak x9297 goes around to the north. Both 30X60 minute series (1:100,000) maps I have used, show the trail going across the south face of peak x2834 (meters). The one on the south side is the trail we use on Race day by which time there should be little if any snow on this side, as you approach the high point of the course about a mile before Windy Pass . From here the course drops almost 4000 ft over the next 9+ miles back to the Finish at Vivian Park.