This is not just a race; it is an unforgettable event! The best part of the season, beautiful location, music, food, and BEER. NEVER STEP FOOT ON THE SAME TRAIL DURING THIS RACE, NO OUT AND BACKS OR REPEATS. The Blue Ridge Ultra is a 50K loop trail race is deep within the beautiful Chattahoochee National Forest of the North Georgia Mountains. It consists of 16 miles of the Benton MacKaye trail, 6 miles of Hidden trails and 9 miles of Forest Service roads. You will experience tough, and sometimes technical spots, single track trails, jumping over logs, creek crossings, steep ascents and even steeper descents all while enjoying the leaves changing colors. Start and Finish at the historic Shallowford iron bridge spanning the Toccoa River. This race will challenge the most experienced racer and provide a memorable experience for those looking to complete a trail run in the mountains of Blue Ridge. Using the same trails, there is a 30K and 15K option. Visit our website for more details.
Ironbridge Bridge Cafe off Aska Road outside Blue Ridge, Georgia. 8436 Aska Rd, Blue Ridge, GA 30513. Parking is limited and shuttle location may be added due to the number of runners that sign-up. Details will be emailed before the race.
2019 Race Video
50K Start: 8am Cut-off is 10 Hours or 6pm. There will be a re-route at the last aid station that will shorten the race by about 4 miles.
30K Start: 8:30am Cut-off is 6pm.
15K Start: 9am Cut-off is 6pm.
All finishers will receive an amazing medal and a long t-shirt.
Top 3 awards in each class below for each race.
1. Overall Men - 1st in 50K receives $500 and 2020 entry.
2. Overall Women - 1st in 50K receives $500 and 2020 entry.
3. Masters Men (50-59)
4. Masters Women (50-59)
5. Grand Master Men (Over 60)
6. Grand Master Women (Over 60)
What you get!
1.100% marked course with no repeats.
Local time: 9:12 PM
2. Live race updates during the race for family and friends at home to stay connected with you.
3. Race long sleeve shirt in men and women V-neck.
4. (4) Fully stocked aid stations and (1) water drop on long sections.
5. Finisher medal.
6. Custom-designed awards.
7. Cooked to order a hot post-race meal by the Ironbridge Cafe.
8. Of course, beer from Grumpy Old Men Brewery.