WATCH THE RACE VIDEO!!!
9th Annual race!
ALL OF THESE RACES ARE TRAIL RACES ENTIRELY AT NIGHT WITH A HEADLAMP! This will be the most fun you have ever had. There is a reason that this race sells out IN MINUTES EVERY YEAR!
Local time: 7:23 AM
Some Race Tips
A lot of folks run roads and are coming to this race having never run trails before. This is okay we have 60% of the folks running a trail race for the first time. The course is a mix of single track trail and wide open dirt road. We HIGHLY recommend trail shoes. Road shoes mean you're higher up and more likely to roll an ankle.
You MUST have a headlamp to participate. No Exceptions! A flashlight is not acceptable! Get a headlamp with at least 150 lumens and new or freshly charged batteries before the start. If you think you will be near cutoff, bring an extra set of batteries.
Sunset is at 6:30 PM. The races start separately and runners take off into the night with their lights. It's ALL fun and games through the woods on the easy trails to the finish. Everyone is encouraged to dress up!
We will have a water/gatorade aid station for the 10 mile ONLY! No aid for the 5 mile, so bring what you need to hydrate and fuel.
The course will be flat and rolling hills entirely in the dark.
1. The park closes at sunset to everyone except the runners
2. Cost to enter the park $5.00 per car, per calendar day. MUST BE PAID IN CASH WITH EXACT CHANGE!
3. You must obey all park rules
4. You must have VALID photo ID to get your bib. You may not pick up for a friend
5. We do not ship shirts, prizes or awards
6. Visit the park website for park info http://gastateparks.org/SweetwaterCreek