The eighth annual UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge is a multi-faceted multi-media adventure blogging contest open to Trailrunners, Fastpackers, Backpackers, and bipeds of all stripes. There are no aid stations, no course markings, no start/finish, no lemming lines, no cut offs, no set date; in fact, it's all up to you.
How to participate in the UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge:
1. Sign up on Ultrasignup.com for any or all of the UPWC routes before you make your attempt and before November 30th.
2. Between the day you sign up and midnight on December 31st, complete any or all of the routes as well as your trip report, whatever form it may take. Completing a route must include producing content in the form of a trip report, photo album, video, audio recording, artistic rendering, or any other form which reflects your experience of the route and can be posted online via your personal blog and/or the UPWC Facebook Group.
3. Enter your proof and documentation, including trip report link and any GPS data at https://goo.gl/forms/pnpuBcJu4gBOfRyg2 no later than midnight December 31.
4. Early next year a party will be held at Seven Hills Running Shop to wrap up the event and kick off the next year's event. Finisher's patches and other awards and swag will be handed out for both the UPWC and UPMBC and the routes for the next year will be presented.
5. If you are unable to attend the UPWC Wrap Party/Kickoff Party, visit UltraPedestrianWildernessChallenge.com for complete results and visit Seven Hills Running Shop in person to pick up your UPWC commemorative finisher's patch. If you live outside the greater Seattle area, arrangements can be made to send you your finisher's patch via U.S. mail.
We strongly encourage all entrants to join the UPWC Facebook Group to ask questions about the routes, gather and share trail beta, connect with other UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge participants, scope out the competition, and keep up to date on the most recent news, information, and general goings on.
Ancient Lakes "Touch All The Lakes" Challenge
The Ancient Lakes "Touch All The Lakes" Challenge is a lake bagging challenge in the Quncy lakes unit of the Columbia Basin Wildlife Area. The goal is to design your own route to touch all 20 of the names lakes in the Ancient Lakes area. These 20 named lakes are the four lakes which make up Ancient Lake, Judith Pool, H Lake, Stan Coffin Lake, Flat Lake, Quincy Lake, Burke Lake, Evergreen Reservoir, Cree Lake, Dot Lake, Crystal Lake, the two Spring Lakes, Cup Lake, Cascade Lake, Cliff Lake, and Dusty Lake. The required lakes are shown on a map here: https://caltopo.com/m/C5AP and the Ancient Lakes TATL Challenge is described in detail in the following video, beginning at the 2:35 mark: https://youtu.be/HOlDTVDIc-Q
Local time: 2:29 AM