Hello HAT Run runners, volunteers, and fans,
Wanted to drop a line to say that WE REALLY MISS YOU! Plus, we wanted to let you know as much as we can about the 2021 version of the race. As we continue preparing for the race on Saturday, March 20, 2021, the only thing we know for sure is that things will be different! For example, as of this writing, we are still working with Maryland State Parks and Steppingstone museum to get approval to run the race. Here is what we do know:
• We will make decisions and adjust the event to maintain the safest conditions possible
• We will be following all policies and procedures outlined by state and local governments
• Registration will open JAN 1, 2021 at 12:00 EST
• The number of registrants will be limited based on guidance from State and local authorities
• We do not know the size
• A waitlist will be maintained
• Ultra Signup will only place a hold on your credit card until we know for certain we are having the event.
• It may be necessary to reduce the size of registered entrants as race day approaches.
• More info to follow
Entry is limited to 200. A wait list will be maintained at 300 runners. As a runner drops off the list a person will be added to the entrants list.
The 32nd Annual HAT Run. The course is mostly single-track trail with a mix of open fields, dirt road, and some paved road. The course features nearly 5100 feet of climbing. There is a starting loop of 3.6 miles followed by two identical loops of 13.7 miles. There are 4 stream crossings that can be challenging depending on the water level - there is always the chance of getting wet feet.
Local time: 12:09 PM