Founded in 1998, the Saint Louis Ultrarunners Group is an organization dedicated to promoting ultrarunning in the central Midwest. Fostering a community atmosphere, our club welcomes new and seasoned runners alike. If you are looking for great races, a friendly atmosphere and a group of people that are passionate about ultrarunning then you are in the right place.
Saint Louis Ultrarunners Group members (SLUGs):
- receive a SLUG auto decal
- get $10 off race registration fee for all SLUG events
- are invited to year-end SLUG holiday party
- automatically entered in the EMUS competition if membership is active at the beginning of the series
Your SLUG membership also supports local efforts to build and maintain area trails. The Saint Louis Ultrarunners Group is an adopter and maintainer of 10 miles of the Ozark Trail.
Through annual financial contributions, the SLUGs also support other non-profit organizations that build and maintain trails throughout Missouri and advocate for new trail connections in the greater Saint Louis area.
The SLUGs will host the Mark Twain Trail Summit and Annual SLUG Picnic on 2nd Saturday of September at the Berryman Campground and Trail. This is a no cost event and all are welcome to join regardless of running abilities or club affiliation.
- We wrap up the year with SLUG Awards Ceremony and Holiday Party in December. All SLUG members are invited to attend and are welcome to bring a guest. Come celebrate the year's accomplishments and commiserate over the epic failures with food and drink as we honor the achievements of the EMUS winners and thank our volunteers.
The Saint Louis Ultrarunners Group currently hosts two trail ultras and two timed ultras each year:
APRIL: Double Chubb 25k and 50k Trail Races
MAY: Berryman Marathon and 50-Mile Trail Races
JULY: Get Your Butt Kicked @ Route 66 - 6-hour Timed Ultra Race
OCTOBER: Minnie Ha Ha 6 and 12-hour Timed Ultra Races
Eastern Missouri Ultra Series (EMUS)
EMUS is a point-based competition among SLUG members that currently includes 5 races.
Local time: 7:32 AM
The series kicks off in MARCH with the 12 and 24-hour Howard Aslinger Endurance Runs and includes the 4 SLUG races listed above. To participate in the EMUS series, you must be a SLUG member with dues paid prior to the start of the series. Awards are presented at the annual SLUG Holiday Party held in December.
Results are also posted on the SLUG website.