This course is roughly 20% trail, crushed limestone gravel and mostly asphalt, but while we advertise it as a “beginners” Ultramarathon - make NO mistake - it will NOT be a “gimme”! We definitely have a few challenges in store (rolling hills) for you! What's more, if lucky - this hidden gem of northwestern Wisconsin turns into a "Winter Wonderland" come December each year, making it a unique running experience for anyone that hasn’t tried running in the cold winter months!
Hurry and sign-up!
50K/50M Buckle Series | Explained
-There are 7 Frogs of different colors in the series (green, blue, orange, purple, yellow, red, and tie dye)
-One may collect them in NO particular order EXCEPT the "Tie Dye" Frog: which is the Final Frog in the series.
Upon completion of 7 Arctic Frog 50K run, you will be awarded the following:
-A shadowbox to showcase your achievement.
-A one-of-a-kind Arctic Frog GOLD coin with the inscriptions "I Did Not Croak!"
Nearby Hotels | Lodging (BnB) from the Race
1. Cornerstone Crossing Retreat & Resort | Craft Retreats | Lodging (BnB)
936 Metalcraft Drive, Mayville, WI 53050
Phone: 262-707-4045 | E-mail: email@example.com
2. The Mayville Inn
701 S Mountain Drive, Mayville WI 53050
Book online or call: Call 920-387-1234 or Toll Free 866-387-5678
Course | Elevation
15k - 2 loops of 4.5 mi (416 ft gain) | 25k - 3 loops of 5.2 mi (619 ft gain) | 50k - 6 loops of 5.2 mi (1,386 ft gain) 50M - 10 loops of 5.2 mi (2,310 ft gain)
To follow will be an updated Interactive Course Map. It is scenic, but we promise you, it is NOT flat!
15k & 25k = 4 hrs (12pm) | 50k = 8 hrs (4pm) | 50M = 15 hrs
- It will be held at Don Ramon Mexican Restaurant Mayville, WI at 39 S Main St, Mayville, WI 53050 on Friday, December 16, 2022 | Phone: (920) 387-9903. See time below. RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP IS RESERVED FOR OUT-OF-STATE RUNNERS ONLY!
a. 4pm thru 8pm
- You MUST have a photo ID to pick-up your packet e.g. Drivers License, State or Student ID. NO ID, NO PACKET!
Parking | Important Notes
a. Parking Area(s):
-Parking behind the American Legion
-Bank parking area beside the American Legion
-Street parking along South School Street
-Parking area by the Police Station behind Don Ramon Mexican Restaurant
b. Pacer: 50M runners only.
c. Pets: NO DOGS or pets on race weekend (runners, crew or pacers).
d. DNF: We get it. We all have bad days running but please make sure we have your Bib # before you leave the race. DON'T JUST LEAVE!
- 50M -- 0730 hrs
- 50K -- 0730 hrs
- 25K -- 0730 hrs
- 15K -- 0730 hrs
There will be 2 fully stocked “heated” aid stations. All of which will provide water and sports drink e.g. Gatorade and Tailwind.
Main aid stations will have a variety of snacks, cookies, bacon, bacon-pickles, "hot" vegetarian and meat chilli, including bananas, oranges, pickles, pretzels, chips, Jelly Beans, M&M’s, Gummy Bears, trail mix, Cup-O-Noodles, chicken broth, coffee and hot cocoa.
1. Don Ramon Mexican Restaurant | on Main Street
2. American Legion | on Main Street
3. Inside Mayville Park Pavilion aka "White House" located bottom of the hill, near the river and the Veterans Memorial
There will be a tarp at the start/finish for drop bags. We will not be transporting any drop bags to any locations on the course.
What To Wear | Recommended Gear
AS Tents will have “heaters” but come ready for COLD weather and running in the snow regardless of the weather forecast. Bring EXTRA clothes (running pants, jacket(s), socks, gaiters and another pair of running shoes. This is Wisconsin after all … The weather does turn for the worst rather quickly!
If running the 50 miler, I suggest you bring a “headlamp” with “extra batteries” in your drop bag.
10 Day Race Area Weather Forecast
Paste the link onto your browser | https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/301732c09e4ed029e896e876c95c05253376f80c7bff0a9848e8996478ed2983
Refund, Transfer and Deferral Policy
- No refund in the event that the RACE is CANCELLED due to inclement weather.
- Every transaction is final. No refund will be issued to anyone who at a later date decides to CANCEL his/her race entry. Your best option at that juncture is to DEFER your entry to the following year. See DEFFERAL Policy below.
- We are in extraordinary times with COVID19, but due to the related costs incurred for the event, we will not refund the monetary difference when one chooses to DROPDOWN from a longer race distance to a shorter one.
We allow transfer(s) but it must be made known to us 45 days before race day. Furthermore, TRANSFERS to a SHORTER DISTANCE though executed 45 days before race day will NOT receive any refund for the monetary difference of the longer race entry.
We allow deferral(s). In fact, NO QUESTION(S) will be asked as to your reason for the deferral but will only credit you up to 50% of your registration fee plus $10 processing fee for the following year. You have one year to "use" or "lose" it.
-There will be NO dropping down in distance(s) once you start the race. The race you start will be the race you will finish or DNF.
-If you DNF your distance, you will not get credit medal for a shorter distance. Only those with the tenacity and mental fortitude will finish.
For Any Other Questions Contact Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing everyone on December 17!
Local time: 11:57 AM
-Rey, Jodi & Paul