The 2023 Zoner party is coming!
We're excited to announce that the 2023 Zoner party is going Virtual! This will much it much easier for many who wanted to come but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts. It also makes it much more affordable for everyone!
This means instead of sleeping in cabins, tents, your car, or along the old railroad bed, you'll be able to take those naps right at home - or wherever you happen to be putting in your miles! It also gives you the entire month of October to decide when to start your time. Expected rain? Delay your start! Have a vacation day you want to use? Woohoo! Want be out with the trick-or-treaters? Start late in the month! It's up to you.
How Does It Work?
1. To make it super convenient and easy for everyone to still participate, runners will have 4+ weeks from October 1st through October 31st, 2023 to complete your distance.
2. You decide when you want to start your time event. Rain delay? Have a vacation day? Want to join the trick-or-treat’ers? Love running at night?
3. Once you start your event, the clock keeps going until the time completes. For example, If you’re signed up for the 72 hour event, that means once you start, the clock keeps going the entire 72 hours whether you’re running, eating, sleeping, working, etc. Obviously you may not be logging miles the entire 72 hours, but you’re in the 72 hour event so you count whatever miles you accomplish during that period of time. -- Some of you may have a watch that can record the entire event. Make sure you PAUSE your watch whenever you are not doing intentional mileage (driving, sleeping, etc). -- Some of you may need to save a few gps watch activites during your event. This is fine as long as all of your activites start and stop within your time event. -- We STRONGLY recommend using TWO forms of gps incase one is not working well. An example includes a GPS watch, and running apps such as Strava, Nike Run, Map My Run, RunKeeper, etc.
4. At the end of your time event, stop your watch, take a picture save your data, and upload it to UltraSignup via the "Record Results" button at the top of this page. You will need to submit your results via this link between October 11 and November 7, 2023 for them to be accepted.
5. If you’re using a treadmill, you must document along the way using a phone app that can clearly document the 3-D’s (date, distance, and duration) in each screenshot.
1. We're in this to have fun. So you have to smile at least once during your run!
2. Your miles must all be completed in one continuous effort anytime between October 1st, 2023 12:00 am through October 31st, 2023 11:59 pm (local time). Once you start your event, no pausing the clock.
3. Your miles must be intentional and specifically for completing this event. Miles run during another event CAN be used for this event too. No daily step counting, ellipticals, or bicycles. Only distance completed on your feet (or hands/knees) can be counted. If you are a para-athlete, let us know so we can accomodate!
4. You must upload your results directly to UltraSignup and make sure it's public and displaying correctly. We won't do it for you so don't send it to us.
5. The results of your moving time must include the 3 D's - Date(s), Distance, and Duration.
6. The result you upload must be for ONE continuous effort (NOT JUST MOVING TIME). So this includes start to finish including stops, rest breaks, etc. If you are not submitting a GPS file, you must submit other photo documentation.
7. This is being done on the honor system. We trust our run peeps to be accurate and honest and not 'game the system'. Those who are naughty will invoke the wrath of the running gods, who may forever follow them with bad karma!
8. We reserve the right to modify the rules as needed
-- A link to a publicly viewable result page such as strava/garmin/etc. to include the Date, Distance, Duration
-- Submit a screenshot of your running app on your phone (which includes the Date, Distance, and Duration)
-- All finishers documentation must be uploaded to UltraSignup via the "Record Results" link between October 11 and November 7, 2023.
What Will I Get?
All finishers will earn a Unique Finishers Award:
-- 1- 99.9 miles = Ozone Finishers medal
-- 100+ miles = Large uber cool Ozone buckle for those completing 100 miles or more. Buckles are mileage specific, i.e. 100+, 150+, 200+, 250+, 300+, 350+.
Depending what time event you sign up for:
-- Tech shirt
-- Drawstring bag
-- Large heavy duty gym bag
-- Injinji socks
-- Silicone 16 oz cup
-- Some other useful surprise swag
What is the Cost?
The registration fee is listed for each event option above. It covers the cost of your award, swag, and postage.
When Will I Get My Zoner Goodies?
Once you upload your finishers results to UltraSignup, we review and confirm finishers' results. Once that is complete, we'll prepare to ship your medal and swag to your address on UltraSignup (so make sure it's correct!). Allow 4 +/- weeks.
Hop on over and join our Life Wide Open Facebook group to share and discuss virtually anything about the Zoner party. Definitely very helpful! https://www.facebook.com/groups/685001561573974
Event's current local time: 8:56 AM ET
Tell your peeps and get everyone registered. We can't wait to have you join us for the virtual Zoner party, encourage you as you work to reach your goals, and celebrate your accomplishments!
Will, Stacy, and the Ozone Endurance Challenge Team