9/18/2020 San Mateo County has cancelled all park event activities through Nov 1. Race is postponed to TBD.
5/1/20 Our goal is to have this event on October 31, 2020. If the event is cancelled due to the pandemic, then you will get 100% or your race entry (less ultrasignup fees) returned to you in the form of PCTR race credits. These race credits will be good to use at checkout of any race until 12/31/2022. This means you can sign up for a race unitl 12/31/2022 that occurs in 2023. This means you will most likely have three years to race with us using these credits. We do not provide refunds. We have activated "Pause registration". This means you will only be charged if we have the race.
Post Race BBQ: Please know that we may be restricted to food handling limitations and this part of the event may not happen. We will replace it more swag and COVID PPE :-)
Woodside Trail Run
Welcome to the 27th running of the Woodside Trail Run in Huddart and Wunderlich Parks. Pacific Coast Trail Runs has been putting this race on since 2002 and it never disappoints. This is a magical trail run full of towering coastal redwoods, lush ferns and rambling streams.
The staging area is Huddart Park and follows the trails through Kings Mountain, Bear Gulch and Wunderlich Park.
Banner Photo: Jersey Miranda @Chasquirunner
Results & Photos
Results with detail are also available here:
Photos from Crowdpic available here:
Please do your best to credit the photographers for their respective photos.
Saturday, October 31, 2020
Huddart Park (Staging at Werder Shelter)
1100 Kings Mountain Rd.
Woodside, CA, 94062
Event Distances & Elevation Gains
- 50K – 4,530 ft
- 35K – 2,990 ft
- 17K – 1,890 ft
- 10K – 1,110 ft
- 50K: $120
- 35K: $95
- 17K: $80
- 10K: $75
- Add $15 for Race Day Registration
- Click here for the mail in registration form
- 50K - 8:00am
- 35K - 8:30am
- 17K - 9:00am
- 10K - 9:30am
Runner Check-in & Bib Pick-up
- One hour before the start of your event-
Race Director Event Briefing
- 15 Minutes before the start of your event
Time Limit & Cut-Offs
- There is an 8 HOUR TIME LIMIT for the 50K
- 50K Cut-off is 2 hrs 50 minutes or 10:50am at Bear Gulch Aid Station
- There is a 7 HOUR TIME LIMIT for the 35K distance.
- There is a 6 HOUR TIME LIMIT for the 17K, and 10K distances.
Effective January 7, 2018, Pacific Coast Trail Runs is following the lead of other trail races by taking steps to "green" our events. We recommend that all participants carry hydration devices on them during the race. We will sell HydraPouch portable cup with Universal carry clip – hooks easily to shorts, tights, number belts, hydration belts, etc. These are available at checkout for $10. You will receive it when you check-in for the event. We will also have a few for purchase for $10 the day of the event.
Post Race BBQ
We take great pride in knowing that when you finish a PCTR trail run, it is of the highest importance that you have a meal and tasty beverage to reward your finish. All entrants receive a "post-race meal ticket" to get the nutrients your body needs right after you finish. You will have the option during registration to purchase additional meal tickets. Our post-race BBQ chefs are in tune with incredible creations to meet all palates and will always provide a vegetarian option. We have served amazing tacos, incredible fajitas, delicious sliders, killer cowboy/cowgirl BBQ treats, and more. In the cold months, and night races, you will always be able to enjoy our super tasty soup creations. So bring a chair, a friend, and relax a bit with us.
Directions to Start/Finish & Parking
Plug in this address in to your favorite application for Huddart Park:
1100 Kings Mountain Rd
Woodisde, CA 94062.
Staging at the Werder Shelter.
Parking is $6. Please do your best to bring exact change to allow for expedient entry for all. Please note that there is one lane in and one lane out of the parking area. We have staggered the start times to allow for traffic back-up getting into start/finish location.
Dogs are not allowed in the park at all. They are not allowed to hike, walk, run, or sleep in you car in this park. Please do not sneak your dog in and leave your dog in the car during this event. We will inform the park and they will break in to your car and provide temporary shelter and a fine.
For the Course Map click here
Course descriptions and elevation for the 50K click here
Course descriptions and elevation for the 35K click here
Course descriptions and elevation for the 17K click here
Course descriptions and elevation for the 10K click here
Aid Stations, Drop Bags, & Pacers or Companions
FLUID PERFORMANCE IS OUR 2019 and 2020 Electrolyte amd Hydration partner. Flavor is Blueberry Pomegranate.We will provide a variety of fresh fruit, salty and sugary snacks, bananas, PB&J sandwiches, salt tabs, gels, FLUID electrolytes sports drink, ginger ale, coke and water. Due to State of California food handling laws, we will no longer be making boiled potatoes at home. The 50K distance entrants will be required to have a hand-held bottle or hydration pack when they leave Bear Gulch Aid Station the first time through. It is highly recommended that ALL runners carry at least 20 oz. of water between aid stations.
- Drop bags are only allowed at the Start/Finish Area
– No drop bags on course
- Please put your bib number on them
- Since Parking is so close we recommend you store your belongings in your car. Please note we will provide an area and do our best to safe guard them. We will not be responsible for the loss of personal items due to theft or misplacement.
Pacers or Companions
- 50K - Pacers (only one permitted the entire event) are allowed in the 50K and can join their runner only at Bear Gulch A/S
- Pacers or companions are not allowed in the 35K, 17K, or 10K distances unless permission is granted from Race Director
Shirts & Awards
All participants that register by October 26, 2018 will be guaranteed their requested shirt size and material. We will order extra shirts based upon previous race data and relative entries. All late and race day registrants must wait until after the event to pick up their shirt. You will have a 50/50 shot to receive a shirt of your requested size, but you may be generous to gift a different gender and sized shirt to a loved one.
We have found giving a choice between Cotton and Tech material shirts has made you happy. During registration you will be asked what type of shirt you would like and then you size. To help you with your decision-making process, we can tell you the "Tech-Material" (not cotton) shirts are made by Sport-Tek and generally run "loose" and not tight fitting and therefore recommend you order your true size or smaller if you like tight fitting tech shirts. If you select "Cotton Blend", we can tell you they are a high quality shirt and tend to be more fitted than loose like other all cotton shirts.
- All finishers will receive a handmade wood medal from Elevation Culture.
- 50K Finishers, as longtime PCTR ultra marathon tradition, will receive a commemorative “Ultra Marathon” coaster for finishing within the 8-hour time limit. We have other 50K events with 9-hour time limits, but due to the constraints on the permit we have to go with 8 hours.
Top 3 Winners
Top 3 Male & Female Overall Winners in each distance will win dollar value race credit for future Pacific Coast Trail Runs events.
- 1st Place - $75 race credit towards future 2018/2019 PCTR Race
- 2nd Place - $50 race credit towards future 2018/2019 PCTR Race
- 3rd Place - $25 race credit towards future 2018/2019 PCTR Race
Age Group Awards
Each age group winner will receive a special 2018 Age Group Medal. Age Group Award Winners include Top 3 Male & Female in each of the following age group categories:
Refunds, Transfers, Race Credit Policies
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45 or 14 day window because you are unable to run due to injury or under training, and volunteer at the intended event or another event within 30 days of your event, then we will apply 100% race credit for a future PCTR event. You will also receive additional race credits for the hours you volunteered.
Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees associated with Pacific Coast Trail Run Events are non-refundable and non-transferable. The amount of time and expense that goes into a PCTR event is high. Contracts, permit fees, awards, shirts, and all things associated with your event happen a long time before your race day. Surely, if many of you wanted a refund because you got injured, become sick, or have to attend a family function, then all trail running companies would be out of business. We also do not transfer entries for numerous reasons. We do, and will provide race credits for a future PCTR event (less Ultrasignup.com registration fees) shall something come up that prevents you from attending the event you paid for.
For 100% race credit towards another PCTR event, you must notify us 45 days before your event. For 50% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 14 days before your event. For 25% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 72 hours remaining before your event. Your race credits will be valid for one year from the time you earned them.
- Earn $10 in PCTR Race Credits for every hour worked. (For example: 4 hrs = $40; 3.5 hrs = $35, etc.)
- Volunteer 8+ hour shift and earn $40 bonus credits for event.
- Earn 2X Credits for bad weather volunteering in rain.
- Earn 2X Credits from 8pm to 6am. (Headlands & Night Sweats Only)
- Receive the coveted PCTR "Go Run a Trail!" shirt. *Must volunteer a minimum of 5 hours to get the shirt. If you already have too many of these shirts and want a race shirt instead, then come by the finish line tent to see if we have any more in your size.
- Enjoy a meal from our Post Race BBQ Chef Team.
- You will not earn credits for volunteering unless you sign up to volunteer.
- If you sign up to volunteer and bring one or more friends with you to volunteer (who have not signed up), then they will not earn credits.
***Race credits are not transferable to anyone but yourself.***
- If you are entered in an event and bring a friend or family to help volunteer a few hours or more, then you can earn their credits for another race... that is if they don't run. ??
- All credits must be used in one year from the time earned or they will expire.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45-day or 15-day withdraw notification window because you are unable to run due to whatever reason, then consider volunteering to earn race credits. By volunteering at the intended event or another event within 30 days before your event, you can earn up to 100% of your entry and more depending on how many hours you volunteer. Email PCTR at RunPCTR@gmail.com.
C if you want yo volunteer, then please email email@example.com
Clean Sport Pledge
We pledge to support clean sport by inviting to athletes to compete at our events who are committed to training, racing and living clean and not inviting athletes to compete who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We are in favor of random drug testing, especially when there is prize money offered at the event. Our organization also chooses to not work with coaches and agents that have athletes that are currently working with athletes that have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We understand we have a responsibility to protect a level playing field and we will be role models in the community as ambassadors and advocates for clean sport. We pledge to honor clean sport by inviting and supporting clean athletes at our races.
Pacific Coast Trail Runs upcoming events
Local time: 9:44 AM