Sanborn County Park - Saratoga, CA
Welcome to the 3rd event of the 4 event Bay Area Ridge Trail Series. And, the second annual Saratoga Trail Run at Sanborn park. This park is special to the new owners of PCTR, because of the fun enjoyed here as a child and in later adult adventures. The park has grown over time and provides one of the best staging areas for any trail race. 90% of the trail you will experience will be under the canopy of the beautiful redwoods and lush forest. Choose 30K, Half-Marathon, or 10K. Either way, you will be challenged all while enjoying the scenery and fellow trail runners.
Registration Information & EARLY BIRD PRICES
REGISTRATION OPENS April 28th.
Thank you for selling out the Early Bird spots. As was with THE RIDGE early bird registration, once the limited quantity are gone or the period expires, they are gone.
$20 (25 Entries)
$40 After May 5th 2017
$60 After June 30, 2017
$30 (25 Entries)
$55 After May 5th, 2017
$75 After June 30, 2017
$40 (25 Entries)
$60 After May 5th, 2017
$80 After June 30th, 2017
All Entrants receive a finishers medal, shirt, post race bbq ticket, along with other promotions and prizes.
Bay Area Ridge Trail Series
Los Gatos, CA – Along with 15 already scheduled events, Pacific Coast Trail Runs
(PCTR) is introducing the only four-race trail running series in Northern California with a portion of each runner entry fee from the series being donated directly to the Bay Area Ridge Trail Council. The first event on August 12, 2017, is the inaugural “The Ridge,” featuring 62, 35, and 16 kilometer, point-to-point trail races along sections of the Bay Area Ridge Trail from Lagunitas in Marin County to Crissy Field in San Francisco. The other three events in this iconic new series will include sections of the Bay Area Ridge Trail on September 23 in Mt. Madonna, November 4 in Saratoga, and November 18 in Woodside.
“The Bay Area Ridge Trail vision is to create a continuous 550 mile loop that traces the ridgelines above San Francisco Bay,” said Council Executive Director Janet McBride. “Currently 370 miles are open for runners, hikers, mountain bikers and equestrians.”
New Trail Run Series Announced for Bay Area
Pacific Coast Trail Runs to Produce Bay Area Ridge Trail Series According to owner Greg Lanctot, “When we bought PCTR last Fall we promised to raise the bar with unique, high-quality events in new locations. All of the races in this new series are within a drivable geographic area, there are some new courses, and this unique series benefits an organization that is important to trail runners.” There will be special prizes for runners who complete two, three and four races, as well as points accumulation prizes and total distance prizes. To register for any of these races visit pctrailruns.com. To learn more about the Bay Area Ridge Trail visit ridgetrail.org.
For more race info including maps and elevations, please go to the Pacific Coast Trail Runs website: www.pctrailruns.com
Sanborn County Park
16055 Sanborn Road
Saratoga, CA 95070
- There is a $6.00 entrance parking fee.
- Please do your best to carry exact change so as to help with traffic and park rangers.
- We always encourage carpooling to help ease of parking for all.
- Need to register by October 15th to guarantee shirt size you requested. After October 15th, we can't guarantee size or maybe even a shirt depending on how many who register. But, we have ordered extra and hope we guessed right for extra runners signing up the last week or so before the event. Hope to see you there.
- All three races will be true out-n-back courses
- All three courses will use blue ribbon
- 10K Turnaround at Skyline Aid Station
- Half-Marathon Turnaround at Lake Ranch Aid Station
- 30K Turnaround at Black Road Check Point
- If you are worried about making cut-off for 30K, please plan for a ride
- We will have a volunteer at Black Rd that may be able to take one or two runners that miss the cut-off back to the start/finish
For the Course Map click here
For the Elevations click here
Time Limits & Cut-Offs:
- Hikers and speed walkers are welcome but please be mindful of the time
- There is a 6-hour time limit for all three races
- There is a 3-hour time limit for 30K runners to get to Black Rd Turnaround
- 30K runners should be able to move at a pace no slower than 17:45 min/mile
- Crews are allowed.
- No crew can access Lake Ranch Aid Station
- Please be careful of parking your car on the sides of roads near Sklyine A/S and Black Rd.
- If your runner is chasing the one cut-off at the 30K turnaround at Black Road, then please plan
- No Pacers Allowed for any distance at this event
- No Drop Bags at any point during this event (except at Start/Finish)
Our upcoming events
Local time: 7:48 AM