Babbitt's Backyard Ultra
We will start the race at 0600AM after the bell gong. You will have a three whistle alert three minutes from the start, two whistle and one whistle at one minute from the start. You have one hour to run 4.167 miles.
The race will be held at the iconic SP Crater. A combination of dirt trails and road with approximately 150ft of elevation gain and stunning views of the crater and the Peaks.
You have to be back on the starting corral for 0700 to complete the trail again and so on every hour thereafter until only one runner is left able to complete the trail
* Have you ever wondered what you are capable of?
* Do you want to test your limits?
* Have you ever thought you weren’t fast enough to compete with the best?
Backyard Ultra is here to level the playing field..
4.166667 miles every hour...easy right?
How far can you go?
Every surviving runner will be tied for the lead, every hour.
Backyard Ultra will continue until one person is left standing
No matter how long it takes
- Competitors must be in the starting corral at the bell
- Each loop starts precisely 1 hour after the last
- Warning will be given 3,2 and 1 minutes prior to the start
- All competitors must start at the bell (no late starts)
- Except for restrooms competitors may not leave the course until the loop has been completed
- No non competitors on the course (including eliminated runners)
- No personal aid during a loop
- Each loop must be completed within an hour to be counted….including the final lap
- No artificial aids (including trekking poles)
- Slower runners must allow passes
- Runners are responsible for their personal aid
- Water will be available throughout the race
- Runners will be given a 6’ by 6’ space near the start/finish
- Runners who give up will be required to vacate their space so that survivors can have more space or move closer to the starting corral
- One crew per runner is allowed but not necessary
- The winner is the last person to complete a loop
- All others are technically DNF
- Results for each runner in terms of distance covered will be given
- The race is over as soon as someone has won. A runner cannot run on his own to log more miles
Health & Safety
- Wide trails
- Hand sanitisers, hand washing stations, wipes and face masks will be available
- Social distancing will be observed. This is a not for profit event. Any net proceeds will be put into a fund to support local businesses.
Some photos Courtesy of Austin Corbett
***Runners Swag & Prizes***
***Running Swag and Prizes pending
Event's current local time: 7:27 PM MT