The official event website is considered the only official source for all news and updates related to Fire on the Mountain 50K trail race. * Special discounted entry per runner between 11/20/2019 and 12/31/2019. Price goes up on January 1, 2020, and again on June 1, 2020, until registration closes on October 1, 2020.
Important changes for the 2020 event. See the event website — http://www.phdispatch.com/fire-on-the-mtn/ — for complete details.
* First, T-shirts will be awarded only to participants who cross the finish line is 10 hours or less.
* We are adding an individual, 25K distance
* Those wanting to do the relay: One person signs up as an individual 50K runner. Rest of instructions are on event website.
* There is a $2 charge for size 2XL for both men and women due to vendor charges.
* Packet pick-up on race morning begins at 5:00 a.m. and ends at 6:40 a.m. Those who have not picked up their bib number by 6:40 a.m. will have to wait until the race begins before receiving their bib. Runners are strongly encouraged to arrive as close to 5:00 a.m. as possible.
* There is no -race-day registration.
* There are no refunds or deferments.
The event, readying for its 10th year in 2020, is an out-and-back trail race — much of it on single track trail. The course starts and finishes at Point Lookout Overlook in the southeastern end of Green Ridge State Forest near Little Orleans in western Maryland. The entire race is within the friendly (but wild) confines of Green Ridge State Forest.