The official event website is considered the only official source for all news and updates related to Fire on the Mountain 50K trail race. * Special discounted entry at $40 per runner between 11/8/2018 and 12/31/2018, $50 between 1/1/2019 to 5/31/2019, and $60 from 6/1/2019 to 10/28/2019.
Local time: 6:56 PM
Important changes for the 2019 event. See the event website — http://www.phdispatch.com/fire-on-the-mtn/ — for complete details.
* First, T-shirts will be awarded only to participants who cross the finish line is 10 hours or less.
* There is a $2 charge for size 2XL for both men and women due to vendor charges.
* Packet pick-up on race morning begins at 5:00 a.m. and ends at 6:40 a.m. Those who have not picked up their bib number by 6:40 a.m. will have to wait until the race begins before receiving their bib. Runners are strongly encouraged to arrive as close to 5:00 a.m. as possible.
* There is no -race-day registration.
* There are no refunds or deferments.
The event, readying for its ninth year in 2019, is an out-and-back trail race — much of it on single track trail. The course starts and finishes at Point Lookout Overlook in the southeastern end of Green Ridge State Forest near Little Orleans in western Maryland. The entire race is within the friendly (but wild) confines of Green Ridge State Forest.