Some Race Information:
* 50K – Distance of the race is about 32.8 miles. Seven aid stations on this out-and-back course (three are hit twice, plus the “oasis” at the midway point. Runners must complete the course as assigned in 10 hours and 0 seconds or less to be considered an official finisher.
25K – Distance is about 16.3 miles. Three aid stations (one is hit twice). Cutoff time is 4 hours and 30 minutes. The course includes approximately 6.5 miles of trail (sometimes technical), with ups and downs, roots, rocks and sometimes “billy goat” trails (thin track and slightly cantered towards the creek a couple hundred feet below), plus 9.6 miles of a mix of forest service road an improved road.
* No refunds, no deferments (certain military exceptions apply), no transfers.
* All finishers under the official cutoff time for each event (10 hours 0 seconds for 50K, and 4.5 hours for 25K) will receive a finisher’s premium. You’ll also earn your event T-shirt. Take pride in both – you earned them. If you didn’t earn ’em, please don’t ask for ’em. It is unlikely a runner will negative-split this course, especially if it takes that runner 5 hours to reach the 50K midway point or more than 2.5 hours to reach Aid Station 2 for the 25K.
* We need volunteers for this event to fuel runners at 4 aid stations (7 total, but 3 are hit twice). If interested in helping – or having your school/civic club group help – please send an email to email@example.com . There could be a modest donation awarded to your club/group.
* Race begins at 7 a.m. on Sunday, November 7, 2021. Please note: Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 a.m. on Sunday, November 7. This means you should set your clocks back 1 hour before going to bed on Saturday, November 6th. Failure to do so will have you arriving very, very early to the race site.
* As in the case with the first ten years of the race, there will be a series of semi-organized (and self-supported) training runs to familiarize runners with different portions of the race course. The series of scheduled training runs will be staged in September and October.
Training run schedule......
Local time: 10:25 PM
Schedule below, but first, a little about the training runs. They are semi-organized. This means we provide a designated time and meet-up/start point, and the rest is up to you. They are intended to be self-supported – you are responsible for knowing where you are, and for bringing in your own water/sports drink/foods to keep yourself fueled. Also, please be sure to practice Leave No Trace ethics throughout the day.
The red trail (Long Pond Trail) in Green Ridge State Forest.
In addition, RSVP is required, texting 410-231-9074 is the best way to RSVP– otherwise, I might not be on site. Also RSVPing on the PHDC Facebook group is fine. Participation in these group training runs is free and you don’t have to be registered for the race to run along with these training runs. Just come on out and have fun.
Race day is Sunday, Nov. 7th
Schedule – 2021 remaining scheduled training runs
Saturday October 23
All training runs will start at 8am and we will start at the Starting line for the 25/50k (this could change but you’ll be given plenty of notice.
Each training run will have a minimum suggested distance of 8.9 miles (with a plan for most everyone to complete half the course, or about 16.5 miles).
Keeping in mind the distance many travel to participate in these training runs, however, additional distance can easily be added on.